The Golden Visa program in Portugal is one of the most popular schemes in Europe, with main benefits to the investors and with the necessary flexibility.
Main Facts about Golden Visa Program in Portugal:
- Investment of € 500.000;
- Full family residency;
- Flexibility, as it is not necessary to reside in Portugal;
- European Union Schengen Visa travel;
- Possibility to benefit from the Non Habitual Resident statute – a fiscal regime that may exempt your income (Know More).
Requirements to apply:
Foreign citizens and investors may apply for a Golden Visa if they engage in one the following investment activities (individually or through a company):
- Capital transfer, through a bank deposit or investment in a financial product valued in excess of € 1.000.000; or
- Creation of, at least, 10 job posts; or
- Acquisition of real estate with a market value exceeding € 500.000; or
- The acquisition of a real estate for a minimum purchase price of € 350,000, if the property is at least 30 years old or if it is located within an urban rehabilitation area and the acquirer rehabilitates it; or
- Capital cash transfer in the minimum amount of € 250,000, for the purposes of investing in or supporting art production or the restoration and maintenance of national cultural heritage, through services carried out by a range of public or private entities; or
- Capital transfer of the minimum amount of € 350.000, for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital fund of funds dedicated to the capitalisation of companies, capital injected under the Portuguese legislation, whose maturity, at the moment of the investment, is, at least, of five years and, at least, 60% of the investments are realized in commercial companies with head office in national territory; or
- Capital transfer of the amount of € 350.000 Euros, or higher, for constitution of a commercial society with head office in the national territory, combined with the creation of 5 permanent working jobs, or for the reinforcement of the share capital of a commercial society with head office in national territory, already existing, with the creation or keeping of working jobs, with a minimum of five permanent jobs, and for a minimum period of three years.
Some investment thresholds are reduced by 20% if the investment is located in the low-density area.
A safe environment to live and do business
Portugal has very low criminality rates with safe cities that can be enjoyed by all.
Portugal benefits from one of the main startup hubs in Europe, with low costs for starting your own business.
Portugal also benefits from it privileged location in the centre of Europe and close to the American continent as well as close to Africa.
Climate & Gastronomy
Portugal, is well know for its gastronomy and climate. Everyone enjoys an upper quality of life due to a mild climate, a unique luminosity, different landscapes and a unique gastronomy with a Mediterranean flavor.
Portugal enjoys an average of 280 days of sun/per year and an average of 15º degrees, but in cities like Lisbon, we can count with 16,8º degrees.
In Portugal, everyone enjoys an unparalleled quality of life due to a mild climate, a unique luminosity, different landscapes and a unique gastronomy with a Mediterranean twist.
The climate is mild throughout the year and sunshine is usually present.
Golf and Beach
Lisbon is the European capital with the highest number of golf courses and golden beaches.
Near the coast, we can be in a beach within 15 minutes.
Portugal has extensive and quality infrastructures to travel and do business.
Portugal has 7 international airports and daily flights to major cities around the world.
Portugal has an extensive highroad network as a solid transportation network.
In Portugal, you can count with high speed internet (one of the best in Europe) and an extensive cellular coverage.
Top 7 Main reasons for applying for a Golden Visa?
- Investment Return – With this kind of investment you can easily have returns of 5%-8%;
- Insurance against Unknowns – You can always count with a safe and secure place to live in the future;
- Safe Haven Investment – you can always count with security and stability of laws in Europe to assure that your investment thrives;
- Something to ensure your family future – Your children may benefit from an European education with this kind of programs;
- Ease of travel – With the possibility to travel all over the Schengen zone, you can easily visit all the capitals in Europe, like, London, Berlin, Paris;
- Leisure – You can benefit from living in a country that offers many cultural attractions, and with a great weather to enjoy the sun and sea;
- Taxation – You may avoid overseas inheritance tax, income tax and employ. In Portugal, you can benefit from a 10 year tax free period.
If you are interested, please contact us, so we can clarify any doubts that may persist. You are able to do so using the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .